Monday, September 2, 2013

Our vintage 50s BATHROOM...

First, thanks for all your nice feedbacks for my 2nd blog anniversary...

 
It's now easy to keep the same motivation after so much posts...
 
 
177 posts... hours of hard working...
 
 
Harder and harder to find new topics and nice outfits to share...
 
 
Many followers asked me lately to share more about our house....
 
 
So here are a few pictures of our vintage bathroom...
 
 
The main colors are pink and black... my favorites ones!

 
A detail of my vintage night robe...
 
 
I prefer most of the time to make pictures outside because we don't have a Professional camera....
  
 
It's hard to have good light and colors with a compact one.
 
 
 
 
To speak more about our bathroom, it's still original from the early 60's...
 
 
We have just restored it and decorate it with some vintage items.
 
 
This japaneese scene is all original made in Vallauris.
 
 
Vallauris was the most famous kitchy french ceramic maker from the 50's-60's.
 
 
We added this cute 50's oriental lamp to match the ceramic.

 
All accessories are vintage in pink, gray or black shades. 


 A vintage heater for chilly winters! 

 
Nice 50s lamps!

 
 And my mermaids collection of course!!!
 
 

 The floor is also original! 

 
And a few words about my outfit...

 
I have bought this 40's set just before vacations on Facebook.

 
I don't usually buy from FB groups because you don't have time to think most of the time...
Nice items are sold so fast, pictures are often not the best...

 
Do you also have a vintage style bathroom ?
Have you ever bought vintage clothes from a Facebook groups?
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful bathroom! People nowadays smash up coloured washbasins and baths because white is fashionable - it's such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bathroom! I love this combination of pink and black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a gorgeous gorgeous bathroom!! Thanks for listening to your public and thrilling us with more pics of your home - love love love. And of course you are look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your bathroom is what dreams are made of. I mean, just completely gorgeous!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bathroom is so gorgeous! our bathroom is from 1939, almost all original, but we have to get it redone soon because of some water behind the tiles. i hope it turns out at beautiful as your bathroom! i LOVE all that pink and black, the tile work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom makes me think instantly of both of your incredible outfits. Pure vintage fun, so wonderfully detailed and skillfully put together - no touch left overlooked. Thank you for sharing this fabulously lovely corner of your home with us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything is said already but I will repeat it anyway.. what a fantastic bathroom and the dress was surely made for you...
    ciao ciao Christa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love it! Bathrooms are my favourite rooms of any house. The black tiles are very elegant and the scales are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your bathroom is realy nice. i love it. i have boring normal new bathroom. but my boyfried would not like the pink things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Contente que tu es décidé de continuer, je trouve que c'est très intéressant!

    Votre SDB est vraiment belle, très stylée =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the clock and your man his shoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you've decided to go along with the blog. Love your house and your outfits. Just cary on girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am dying!!! So in love with your bathroom! The mermaids!! The pink tile!! The POODLE bathrobe!! Love, love, love it all!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow - your bathroom is honestly my dream bathroom. It is decorated with all my favourite things/colour schemes - pink and black, the lamp/heater/tiles, the chalkware fish and mermaids! I can't get over how lovely it is. And then your poodle bathrobe blew me away! So jealous. You and your hubby always look amazing, and your home is amazing too. I have wished for so long to find a man of my own that is obsessed with it all as much as me! Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. UNBELIEVABLE!! We have matching bathrooms. I love the Black and Pink combo. I just hung my chalkware fishes on my walls and 50's vintage vase heads are on my counter tops. I rent and my apt has Nnoo character, so I have to creative. Thank you so much for inviting me into your gorgeous home. Your blog continues to inspire me and I do appreciate your hard work.
    Ironically the only thing I've ever purchased from Facebook was from your sale. The beautiful dresses (3 dresses, 1 knitted top) have been lovely and comfortable to wear because Southern CA is in the middle of a heat/humid wave. LisaO xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bathroom. I love how everything is so perfectly fifties at your house. Please show more. I also love your new dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That is one seriously gorgeous bathroom - I adore the black and pink colour combo. Of course I would expect nothing less, having seen other photos of the rest of your home! Beautiful! How long did it take you to complete your bathroom, with all the details and accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bathroom is amazing. Kudos to you for keeping it intact. My home was built in 1950--some original details remain (pink and burgundy tile), and some don't (the original fixtures). I've been searching and searching for minor details that are missing and came across this post, leading me to your blog--I love it! Keep up the good work for those of us who like our vintage!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete