Saturday, June 11, 2016

A SWEDISH sweater!

Sun is becoming so rare these days....


We had a lot of floodings all over the county.


I think that you saw the sad pictures of Paris underwater...


I was contacted by the brand Emmydesign a few weeks ago.


I was lucky enough to be able to choose a piece to review in their new collection!


I was waiting for a sunny day to present my choice on these pages...


Emmydesign is a pretty new comer in repro business


but they are trying to provide something new: 


 high quality clothes with a real vintage look!


I'm not so much in repro, I really prefer vintage...


but some stuffs are really hard to find now, mainly in larger sizes!


That's why I chose their Susie Q cardigan,


in red of course! I have never enough red in my wardrobe!


I was not dissapointed when I received it.


First sizing, I asked for advices as I don't buy new clothes often....


I was surprised to receive a size 38/40 as I'm a 40'' bust,


but it fitted perfectly!


After that, details are really nice:


nice leaves design,


pretty buttons!!!


I also like the cut of this sweater, really 40's inspired!


Short lenght, long and slightly puffy sleeves...


It is quite heavy but not too hot for summer,


I like to be able to wear sweaters with my vintage dresses,


I think it's more elegant than just a dress.


I found this late 40's dress during our last US trip.


I chose those Miss L Fire shoes to match my lovely new cardigan.


This lucite purse is a long time favorite of mine!!!


I added vintage cherries and I loved it even more.


I enjoy accessories so much, it's like a game to match them together!!!


I was so happy to find in an Antique mall that gorgeous bracelet last april!


Red hearts and egyptians coins!


I also found in Pomona some new accessories for my Bel Air...


Look at my new licence plate frames!!!!


I have been searching for these FELIX ones for years,


but they are usually so expensive!


I was so pleased to score them for cheap!!!


Full brown look for my hubby...


with a golf theme 40's tie!


And a matching tie bar of course.


I don't like brown so much expecially for summer...


but Sylvain really likes that color and always manage to find matching brown! 


That had been the first outing with my Chevy since last fall.


It had a brakes problem...


but thanks to my father everything is OK now! Thank you Daddy!!!


Have you already visited Emmydesign website?
What are you searching for when you buy repro?


FRENCH CORNER
Après le temps affreux de ces dernières semaines, j'ai enfin eu l'occasion de photographier un nouvel arrivant dans mon dressing!
J'ai eu la chance d'être contacter par la marque Emmydesign pour donner mon avis sur leur collection printemps/été. J'ai choisi parmi leurs nouveautés ce magnifique sweater d'inspiration 40's. Je ne suis pas très repro et préfère le vintage, mais certaines choses deviennent si dures à trouver que la repro reste une bonne alternative, surtout si la qualité est là et un design proche de l'original. Je n'ai pas été déçue avec cette nouvelle marque suédoise: les détails, la matière, la coupe... c'est du bon travail! Un basique qui s'associe facilement avec des pièces authentiques. Ce fût aussi l'occasion de sortir ma Bel-Air qui hibernait depuis plusieurs mois à cause d'un problème de frein résolu d'une main de maître par papa!
Et vous, vous êtes plutôt repro ou vintage?
- A bientôt -

7 comments:

  1. Yes I love that cardigan!! And it goes perfectly with with your whole outfit!! And omg your hair accessoriessssss!!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barrel purse is fabulous! And I really like that cardigan, I have to check out their shop. I'm not much into brown either, but Sylvain is elegant as always. He is your very best accessory!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that cardigan in that colour and I love it! in fact, I have lots of Emyy's knitted stuff and the quality is excellent. I Think I have had my oldest cardigan for four years and it still looks new depsite having been worn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigan is adorable and is the perfect touch to this glorious outfit! Beautiful Chevy also x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely outfit, very much including that cheerful, classic red cardigan (adore the cute buttons!). I hear you regarding the rain. It has been coming down in utter buckets here for the better part of two months now. In fact, it's the dampest spring I've ever experienced in Canada and our corner of the country, usually arid and very hot by now, is nearly as lush as a jungle and looking greener than I've ever seen it. Mother Nature, eh! ;)

    Big hugs & happy mid-June wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardigan and shoes are great match and both have lovely details! And the bag with berries is the cherry on top! :)

    ReplyDelete